Antique Wool Coverlet Blanket 1800's Red Black Intricate Checkerboard 66" X 92"Hand Loomed
A very heavy antique 1800s woven wool 2 panel piece for use as a tapestry, coverlet, bed cover or display blanket. The two panels, 33" wide, are hand stitched and hemmed. The design is a long intricate geometric diamond squares pattern with red squares alternate with Red and Black Pattern Diamond There is a straight hand stitched hem on one short end, with 4" fringe on the two long (2) sides and a fringe 7" on the other short end.
Exceptional condition for 1800s antiquity, it is a great collectible piece. The piece is old and does show some age related issues. There is some color fade of red with some loss to black depth near hem. Please note photos additional to description - have tried to show color loss.
- Maker tag- no, hand loomed unknown maker or origin. ~
- Believed to be wool.
- There are a few broken yarns to single threads and some long single fringes.
- There is some aging to the fabric.
- There is one (1) approx. 3/4" pull to the weave. There are several small stitch separations.
- The piece has been packed in estate so cleaning or air out will likely be needed. The issue is not smoke or pets smell but likely from extended storage. ~
- Pre-owned, used.
- Field- 66" X 92" ~
- 6.35 lbs