Amish Crib Quilt Antique Ocean Waves Hand Stitched Geometric Pieced Quilt 1915
Sale Sold out
Regular price $ 125.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
$ 125.00 USD
This is a wonderful Amish antique Crib Quilt in Ocean Waves pattern, allover hand stitched. Quilt has a handwritten note with maker name and dating quilt to 1915. It is from a downsizing living estate, owner in 80s who has family quilts from early 1900s and with vintage Hudson Bay blankets have been kept in cedar chest. They have only subtle reminder of cedar no funky odors. Please see all photos for condition as well as description.
Quilt is fantastic but does have some blue stains so see closeup photos please incl full view to note stains.
- Size 46" X 61 1/2" approximate measurements
- Variety of colors in the triangular pieces on cotton with self binding same cotton as quilt body. Reverse is a heavy ribbed like cotton. Great old fabrics!
- Matching row of triangles on all edges.
- Workmanship great with massive number of small stitches all over to the binding edges
- Condition Very Good for age 108 years. Quilt is intact - I note no tears rips etc but some very minor stains from packing and age aside from the blue ones mentioned above.
- Quilt is as arrived, allowing new owner to use preferred products if you choose to clean.
- Weight before packing 1 lbs 14 oz.